Saint Peter's Bakery


You know that old saying "everything happens for a reason," I really think who ever coined that phrase was really on to something. This passed Sunday I was meandering my way around Chester County, searching for a certain lake when my GPS failed me. With no car charger in sight I was forced to turn around. Bummed, I may have been, but that feeling was short lived when I passed through the little victorian village of Saint Peter's in Chester County, Pennsylvania. 


After seeing a few signs and a few quaint little shops, I pulled over to a near by parking lot. With quite a reasonable amount of parked cars I quickly guessed that I somehow stumbled upon a treasure, which is exactly the word I would use to describe Saint Peter's Bakery. 


Now if you have read my previous posts "Crazy about Cupcakes" it may appear as though I often rant and rave about various bakery shops simply because I walk through the door, but let me tell you that is not the case. For me, a bakery really has to sell something. Whether that be the decor, the presentation, or simply the pleasing aroma of their products, something has to grab my attention. 


Within minutes of my arrival, Saint Peter's Bakery did just that. The presentation of their pastries (as you can see above) were obviously carefully thought out.  I mean seriously, a simple lemon pastry has the possibility to turn Cinderella with the help of these fairy godmothers. The atmosphere was extremely inviting, displaying art work by local artists (as I soon came to find out after talking with a local photographer). Aside from the pastries, the pizzas and bread looked like something you'd find in an Italian eatery. If I hadn't just ate, I would have without a doubt purchased one of those deliciously inviting Italian pies.  Nevertheless I walked away with one lemon chiffon pastry (pictured above) and a heavenly chocolate croissant . Both extremely pleasing to the eye, as well as the mouth. 


I'm definitely planning on visiting again sometime soon. With great food like this, it really is hard to stay away. 


Now Playing: Frank Sinatra's "Fly me to the moon"

1 comment:

minnja said...

Love it :)))

http://minnja.blogspot.com/