This Kiss...Hershey Park



There are some places in life that you can't help but smile when you visit. Hershey, Pennsylvania is one of these places. I've never been to a place this blissfully happy. However, this shouldn't come as a surprise, because when you live in a town decked out with chocolate..who wouldn't be happy, right? 

With lamp posts the shape of Hershey kisses, streets labeled Coco avenue, and chocolate signs tempting you towards a kiss or too...I felt as though I stepped into real life version of Candyland. And to be honest, I kind of did. So with my extra loose jeans in hand, I looked in the distance towards the giant amusement that loomed silently over the town. Which happened to be my guide to the infamous Hershey Chocolate Factory (aka happiness with a silver jacket).

Hershey bars, kisses, Mr. Goodbars, Reese's, fudge, chocolate chip cookies...this place had it all. I've never seen a building so colorful and so packed with candy. Five pound Hershey bars, two pound Reese's cups, four gallon Hershey syrup..do they really make products this big? Apparently, they do. But before exploring candy land I decided to give myself a brief history lesson on Mr. Hershey and how he made this product such a success.

While I won't bore you with the details, let me just state this man is a true inspiration...especially to the town of Hershey. If you ever need a good pick me up day, head on over to Hershey park. Not only will you be smiling, but your taste buds will as well :]




3 comments:

Roxy Luzzato said...

That sounds like heaven, Alex! Awesome pics. I'm totally going there when I hit the east coast. I may move there.

Kaela said...

Oh wow! Looks like my kind of place! If I ever make it over to that side of the country I will for sure have to visit!

Alexandra Lasota said...

I definitely recommend it! You ladies would love it :)