Highland Orchards

Last Thursday I spent the day cleaning up my closet, when I happened to stumble upon a box of old photos. The surprise of memories from my childhood completely made my morning, and happened to lead me straight to my next adventure, Highland Orchards. Buried under an assortment of my cousins prom photos, I stumbled upon a photo of myself at an apple orchard. Not quite remembering the details of this day I decided to ask my family and investigate where this photo was taken.  With a few in depth glances and an alarming amount of hand pointing... the answer to the puzzle was solved, Highland Orchards in West Chester, Pennsylvania.  


Apparently, it was a tradition in my family to visit this orchard every fall around Halloween. So in keeping with tradition I decided to revisit the land I once roamed decades ago. 


I don't intend on going into a "Why you should visit Eastern Pennsylvania to check out this orchard rant," but I will tell you that if you are ever in the area, it is well worth your time. Purchasing a little jar of hummus, a small bag of apples, and a dozen of the award winning cider donuts, made the trip well worth it.  Everything in this store is locally made and extremely fresh as well as delicious. After placing all my treasures on the table at home...my bags were empty in less than an hour. Seriously, I kid you not the food is THAT good.  So thank you Highland Orchard's...I will be back again in a few days, because I can't seem to get enough of you!


Now Playing: Simon and Garfunkel "Scarborough Fair"

No comments: