QVC

This past weekend my amazingly awesome Uncle happened to score a few tickets to a QVC tour in West Chester. Having grown up with this show, I was more than happy to take them off his hands. So with nothing on the agenda for today, my mom and I decided to go take the tour and see how a 24 hour broadcast goes down.

Now, after having worked in TV for the past three years, I wasn't anticipating THAT much of a difference between a news station and a home shopping network. What an idiot I was.

Forty plus studio cameras, over two dozen different sets, three production control rooms, a graphic design room, post production room, storage room, cooking room, photography room, store, and more lights then I anticipate they have in heaven. (And this mind you, is only one building) Truly, I was blown away. For a twenty four hour broadcast that runs three hundred and sixty four days a year they sure have an ingenious method for keeping everything under control.

To my surprise, I learned that QVC has over four warehouses within the United States, for nothing is stored at the headquarters. Also that QVC has headquarters not only in the United States but also Japan, Germany, The United Kingdom, and Italy!

As I always say, if you are ever in West Chester...I advise you check it out. And if not, tune into QVC ...they always have some great products!

Now Playing: Hellogoodbye's "Here In Your Arms"

3 comments:

Megan Starkey said...

Sounds like Amazon. They have warehouses in almost every state! Would be a cool experience!

Elissa said...

It's mind-blowing to me that you can go to QVC. It always seemed like this mythical place, somewhere between my TV and a 1-800 number. ;)

Thanks for sharing!

Alexandra Lasota said...

Anytime girls! I know I was kind of blown away by it as well. Sometimes I get to caught up with technology and forget that there is actually another side of the 'ordering' process!