I'm sure I'm not alone when saying that, I absolutely hate when a song is stuck in my head. Or for that matter, a question.
The other day I ran into a friend, let's call him "Bill."
As Bill and I were talking, he began to ask me some questions that, well, to be honest, I haven't thought about in quite sometime. One of which has stuck with me throughout the course of my weekend and straight on into the work week.
Why do people shun dating and jump right into commitment?Now, a question like that deserves some actual time and thought, for it is not merely one of those questions that you can pull the answer right out of the hat. So "Bill" here is the answer to your question, or rather..my longer drawn out thought process of it.
Is it because of Time? Commitment? Competition? Loneliness? Fear? Resentment? Stability? What the hell is it? Why are so many people at such a young age, rushing to the alter?
Do you really think that ring on his finger is going to stop him from looking at that blonde at the bar?
I mean really...
Do you?
While I may sound rather cynical, I do believe that 'the right' person is out there for everyone. But I also believe that it takes a few bad fish to find the "Real Deal."
Good things, great things..take time. They take work. They take trial and error.
See the cool thing about dating is, it allows you to do the work, while still exploring. There's no commitment, no ring, no contract. It's just you and that other person... and maybe that other person. And during this time you are all exploring eachothers interests and finding out what is compatable and what isn't. (And by compatable, I don't mean changing your interests to suit theirs, I mean..your actual interests). That way when you do make your commitment, it will be the right one...
So, instead of reeling in those suckers with our fishing rods. Why not casually leave the rod at bay. And, if something snatches onto it...check it out. I mean really people, you don't have to go throwing every fish you snag into a bucket, so you can take it home to show mom. EXPLORE THE DAMN RIVER, THAT'S WHAT IT WAS THERE FOR.
I mean, as a woman, I get it. You don't want to waist your time. Your biological time clock is a'tickin. You want stability. So, why not be stable through your own accord? Find your passion and run with it. Mold it, and make it into your own. And while your life is progressing.,.make sure to check out the sea...and see what is out there. You don't always have to go looking for your 'soul mate' sometimes..they'll stumble upon you.
Now Playing: Lissie "Wedding Bells"
2 comments:
I really like this one Alex :)
I never thought I'd be reading blogs during my free time, but you're deep. Your blogs keep hitting me hard so I hope we can talk about this stuff more!
Thanks again Dan! I truly appreciate your feedback :] Hope to see you start blogging as well!
Post a Comment