There's something about life, about love, that seems to get me every time. Maybe this is why I write so much about it? One will never know. It's just crazy to me how our hearts have the power to change our physical state, our emotional state, and the state of life around us. So destructive while so overwhelmingly amazing.
This strong feeling, can govern the lives of many. People fight, yell, kill to hang on to love. Some spread vicious lies, just to hold on to something they think they've gotten. Even, if they never really had it at all.
To say you are not a victim of the hearts mystical ways, is calling the kettle black. We are all affected, for if we are not...we are not merely human. Simply put.
I guess to me the struggle I see from myself and so many relationships of my friends that are dispersed around me, is the complications of heartache. How do we deal? Dwell in it, move to a different place, forget about it, get lost in a crowd, use substance to numb it, throw yourself into your work, throw yourself into you, write about it, think about it, talk about it, find somebody else, avoid somebody else, read about it, study it? WHAT the HELL is the right way to deal with it? Is there even a right way? Does time heal all wounds, or make us overly protective? Does it mend our hearts, our simply place shields over them? Will the hurt ever go away?
Well, of course it will eventually fade. Time, as I have found...does heal our wounds...but never eliminates our scars; for they are forever imprinted on our hearts. Sure we have our 'grieving' time...but eventually there comes that day that we smile again, the day we laugh again, the day we love again. But is it ever quite the same? Sadly, no. Innocence is gone, and we become the guards of a prison, safely protecting our treasures from ever being taken. I mean, we as humans, are no stupid creatures. We learn (most of us), from the past. We evaluate and reflect on our failures, assuring ourselves to be more cautious and alert..and not let that man or woman sneak past the fence and towards our treasure.
Sometimes I wish life wasn't like this. I wish people could live in an innocent bliss. Never having to get caught up with watch duty, and instead continually play in the fields. If there is some way, anyway..to find pure love and pure trust...I wish that our generation could find this key and unlock this mystery. For as time is growing faster, I seem to continually gaze upon more prisons being built, and more guards roaming through town....
Now playing: Enrique's "Everything is going to be Alright"
2 comments:
Wow that was just, really really analytical and good!..
Daniel B
Thanks Daniel..I try :]
Post a Comment