There are some moments in my life, that I truly wish I had my own cloud. You know one that you can sit, and watch the world from up above? Too bad that doesn't exist.
I remember when I was little before ever going on a plane, I used to think that people would sit on top of clouds...like it was it's own different realm. I would stare at the sky for hours, and wonder how people get up there. I know this sounds ridiculous. But, I was young..and my imagination always wondered far beyond practicality or rather..Reality…but hey, cut me some slack I was three.
Sometimes though..as I'm outside looking up at the sky..I still wish my imagination could soar like it did 19 years ago...And that the reality of life was still a mystery to me. I guess it's this reason alone that I am so inept...(or so I hear). I've never wanted to rush through life and experience all that I can at sixteen, or seventeen, or eighteen. Why rush everything at once? I mean, let's face it...we are put on this earth for the average of 70-80 years? Why would I want to try/see/taste/feel/experience everything in my first 20 years of life?
I'm not discouraging adventure-I've been a passenger on that train for many years, and never plan to get off. But, I don't see the point in riding this train at the highest possible speed. I'd rather slow it down, see the sights...learn from the views around me...and then venture out on my own.
Or to some degree, sit on that cloud in the sky...and watch the world pass on by...watch things grow and watch things die...and always keep on questioning, and asking why.<3
No comments:
Post a Comment