“The Tongue kills-without drawing blood.” Word of mouth these days is the most vindictive, harmful, hurtful weapon, an individual possess. So unaware we are of this device at a young age, but so tightly many bend to its shape, as we slip away from youth.
To raise your head high and claim innocence to this crime, would be ignorant and foolish, for we are all conquerors and causalities of yes, gossip. Such a simple word, such a powerful meaning.
This blog is not intended for me to rant about my own personal encounters with the given topic. I do not wish for those to sympathize, understand, or relate to my life, for I am very much aware that when pointing the finger there will always be three pointing back. I’m not a saint, nor do I claim to be. I try my hardest, but yes, like everyone else in this world, I HAVE FAULTS. To sit on a high pedestal and claim righteousness, declaring that “I am the only one who has ever been hurt,” is not only preposterous but completely absurd.
What I only wish to do- Is to speak to the topic. It saddens me to see individuals thrive off of hearsay. To persecute others for falsifying truths that should have never been listened to in the first place. Let’s face it, much of our youth has fallen away from parental guidance, and have become zombies to both the Media and Social Networking hypes. As adults…shouldn’t we be the prime example for children? Why time and time again, are there continuous cases of teenage girls and boys falling to suicide as there only scapegoat from social slander? Seriously people, it’s time to put away the falsified pretenses and grow up. If friendships flounder, if relationships fall by the waist side…why must we always point the finger? Why must we always place blame on someone else? When will we ever suck up our pride and look in the mirror and say “Hey, I was wrong.” Or “Hey maybe I could take this opportunity to revaluate my actions and make a positive change.” But no in our society, it’s much easier to shine the light on others, rather than shine it on ourselves.
Honestly, it’s not worth it. Like Thumper once said, “If you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say it all.”
Aside from that- I've fallen in love with a video, made by a Tri-Cities native...Such talent, and so amazing..<3
No comments:
Post a Comment