An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

One of the first lessons I learned when I was young, was that not everyone in this world is going to like you. As a child, I really didn't think much of the phrase at the time, for at that point in my life everyone my age appeared blissfully content with one another. Looking back on it now, I wish that my youth, or rather my view of life at the time, could have lasted forever.

After watching two movies that focused primarily on the in depth anyalsis of the war we are currently fighting, I couldn't help but feel the incessant erge to write out my frustrations.

If you know me, you know that I am by no means political. I have never classified myself under any political party, and nor do I have any intention of ever planning to. Maybe I am simply to ignorant? That is quite possible. Or maybe I simply detest continually agonizing over issues, that I feel may never quite be resolved.  Yes yes, I know.."how can change ever happen if you don't fight for what is right." ..I realize this statement is true, but at the same time..I do not wish to cause conflict with individuals for a certain belief and or cause, because I respect what other people deem to be their way of thinking.

Each and everyone of us, has only been given One Life. Not three, not four, but simply...one.  This life, is something to be cherished, valued, appreciated. It is through, our life itself that we are able to leave our message to the world. And I guess as I am growing older, I am begining to realize the type of message I wish to leave behind, even if it is just through my words or my day to day lifestyle.

From observing family, friends, the media, and school...I realize how many diverse opinions scatter even a small area of individuals. Each and everyone of us is intitled to withhold our own opinions and are allowed to formulate our own judgements on what we believe is 'the right way.' I guess what I'm getting at is this. People have the right to believe and to honor whatever they deem correct in life. It is by no means okay for another individual to force feed their prejudices onto someone else, unless it is properly consensual . 

The key to life is to listen. Listen to what people are saying. Listen to what they want out of life, what they need out of life, what they expect out of life. Sometimes it's better to just hear the message someone is trying to convey, rather than stifle them in the process...because maybe what they are trying to say is something you need to hear, something you need to learn.  So often we reject alternate views and opinions because we are so fixated on our pride, that we cannot admit being at fault.   Maybe in the end, the way you view the world is the 'correct' path..but then maybe it isn't.



Anyway. Aside from all of the scatter that I perpetually allow to flow through my mind, I'm going to the coast this weekend...and am ecstatic. I really feel like it's the only place where all my thoughts can really come together. It's like ecstacy. Not the drug (Never done those, never plan to). But just a freedom that I can't really describe. Like take the best moment in your life and times it by a hundred. That is what the ocean does for me, in some round about way I guess you can say!  Maybe one day I'll buy a boat and venture out to the unknown, and see wherever the waves decide to take me? Then again maybe not. Who knows! <3


Anyway-for my music video choice of this blog, I'm going with John Denver. My mother was always crazily obsessed with him..well not obsessed, but she was sure an avid fan. So after getting to know his songs quite well, this one has always been my favorite! Great lyrics :)



Until nextime- Have a good one!

No comments: