Momentous Moments

As I walked along the lonely path
Of mud and gut and gloom
I knew my journey would be difficult
It's future filled with doom.

No faces did I see,
As I made my way along this road
Just empty little spaces.
As I carried up this load.

The rain began to patter.
And the clouds came thrashing in.
In a moment that seemed hopeless,
I felt me wanting to give in.

But the voice inside my head
Told me to press along.
That the road that I had chosen
Was by no means wrong.

The stones that kept on hitting me
Falling directly in my way.
Showed me the light infront of me.
Making me so greatful for the day.

And when I stood on top of the mountain.
I saw a bright and beautiful light.
And in that miraculous moment.
I knew the choice I made was right.

No comments: