I love spending time on the West side. I feel like sometimes my best work transpires from there. Maybe it's the ocean, the city, the trees, or maybe even the mountains. But it feels so freeing. I came up with this this past weekend. - Well honestly, I started it a few months back, but finally was able to let the words finish flowing this weekend, and this, well this is the result:
Some words flow like water
Creeping down the bend
Others stifle upon rocky hills
time and time again.
The wise they’ll always tell you
To always speak your heart
The truth is always beautiful
Even if it rips your soul apart
And on a cold and lonely winters day
I tended to the wise words they once said
But couldn’t lay down my emotions
For it was the fear of vulnerability
That I dread
And now as time is growing faster.
I realize this that may be true
Maybe some emotions will remain unspoken
So I’ll burry them in sandy beaches
In a letter addressed to you
Aside from my poetry for the day, we are two weeks shy of this beautiful film, in which, after reading the novel, I know we'll be epic. Well, at least to me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment