Life is a game, and I'm trying to learn how to play...

John Maxwell once said, “If we're growing, we're always going to be out of our comfort zone.” As I study the words of this wise man, I begin to evaluate my own life and how I have lived it.
As a person whom is only twenty-one, I realize that I have many faults, faults that I need to address, that need to be worked on, one of which pertains to growth. 

Ever since I was little, I always enjoyed the comfort of fairytales. I would watch Disney princess movies and play 'make-believe' with my neighbor friends. Childhood, is endless bliss...too bad that it doesn't last forever.

I guess, you can say, I consider myself to be a dreamer. I would not change this part of me for anything in the world. It's something I value, something I take pride in.  For-how could any one of our profound leaders gotten to where they were-without a dream?

Yet-sometimes, I feel this aspect, can also serve as a downfall.  I have always been a person who looks beyond people for who they are and what they do. Which then leads me to see things in people, that aren't really there. And because of this, I let those 'walk over' me if you will. 
I feel as though I am constantly putting myself in this situation; ignoring issues that continually irritate me-and why? Maybe because I loathe confrintation.  I have never been good at making my point vocally...writing is the only way in which I can correlate all my thoughts and points into one coherent piece.  Another, downfall.  Could you say I feel misunderstood? Definitaly. When looking at this quality in myself, I grow frustrated-that which, I know others are with me as well.  Bottling up emotions/opinoins, what have you..is not healthy. They will eat at you until you are blue in the face. Only to lead you to speak half-truths..and vent with a hidden, burning rage.


As this new year has so begun, I found myself wanting to change this 'downfall' of mine. To start addressing issues that eat away at me. By this I do not mean I wish to speak with my emotions, but rather, make the time for people to understand where I am coming from.  Growth is stepping out of that comfort zone. No longer can I ignore issues, and wipe them under the rug. The only way to grow up- is to face reality for what it is...but still withhold a sense of imagination at the same time. In other words- dream...dream big...but don't live in a fairytale..because in life, that will get you nowhere.

No comments: