I don't know about you, but if you're anything like me around this time of year, your house is completely flooded with almost every baked good imaginable. Cookies, cakes, rolls, tarts; you name it our freezer holds it. With the snow gently blanketing the ground and Christmas carols playing softly in the background, it's no surprise that somehow cakes and cookies appear in the mix. Yet, while all my senses soak up the pleasures of gooey chocolate and creamy frosting, my hips sing a different tune.
I'm completely sick and tired of watching the numbers rise on my scale simply because the numbers on the thermometer falls. It's not a balancing act people. Just because one goes down doesn't mean the other has to go up. Enough is enough and I'm threw with it. No more pigging out, feeling guilty, and then swearing to myself I'll hit the treadmill come New Years. No, this year I'm doing it up differently and placing an even balance between pleasure and holiday happiness.
Now I'm not saying to go all military and wipe out treats entirely, but this year I'm taking my sweet moments and chopping them right in half, leaving the remainder to fall in the trash instead of my stomach. If there is a cookie spread at a holiday party, one is enough for me. Then it is savor the flavor, and hit the candy cane.
Candy cane? Yes candy cane. Between the Holiday parties, family gatherings, and Christmas events, the only date I have is that of a candy cane. Sad, maybe...but he never leaves me feeling guilty and always keeps me satisfied. There is just something about the flavor of peppermint, combined with the time it takes to eat it, that cuts off my cravings, leaving me happy and satisfied. Between that and the bottle of water I always carry, I'm more than ready for this holiday season.
With this strategy underway for the past few weeks, I've been watching the numbers fall not on just the thermometer, but on the scale as well. Guilt free and enjoying life, I recommend loading up on candy canes and letting go of guilt.
Now Playing: Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina's "Stereo Love"

No comments:
Post a Comment