Looking for Christmas Gift Ideas? Look no further!








Disclaimer to all my friends: The following blog does by no means describe how I feel about gifts that were given to me, and does not imply what I would like from you for Christmas. This blog is simply a Tip guide to Christmas shopping, and that is all.

If you're like me, Christmas shopping isn’t always the easiest task in the world, especially when you’re scouting at the last minute. There have been so many years where I have spent weekends at the mall, walking in the same stores over and over, picking up the same items over and over. Would so and so like this? Would so and so use this? To be frank, the whole process is completely dreadful. Which is why I decided to revaluate my Christmas Shopping Tactics. 

I mean let’s be honest here, picture frames, lotions, and the typical “I-just-didn’t- know-what-to-get-you-so-I-picked-this-up-last-minute” gifts, will more than likely become quick friends with the closest. So why not try something creative this year that will keep your friends and family talking?

With this in mind, I decided to compile a list. A list of items that to me, would never wind up in the back of a closet. So if you’re having a difficult time shopping, I hope this helps you out.


1. 1.Tickets. I once read that people will get more of a high from
e experiences than from possessions. Interesting right? Take a moment and reflect back on your past. What is it that you remember? For me, when I journey back through my memory files…ninety nine percent of the time I remember moments: vacations, events, experiences that had happened in real time.  So for my first suggestion, I recommend tickets. Tickets to a show, a movie, a concert, a basketball game, whatever. Think of the person you are buying for and what they like to do. Then pick an event and make a night or weekend out of it for the both of you. It’s one gift that they’ll be sure to never forget.

2. Personalize it up. Some of the best gifts I have ever received were ones that reflected my interests.  For example: I myself adore quotes and books. Literally, they flood my room like there is no tomorrow. One year I received a bookmark that had my name engraved alongside one of my favorite quotes. It's a bookmark that I use to this day, and each time I look at it I remember the person who gave it to me. Think of something the person you’re buying for likes, and find a way to customize it. Does your person have a favorite song? Customize M&M with the lyrics to it.  If you’re looking for other ideas similar to this, you can browse through a few online shops I’ve attached here. They have some creative and ideas for customizing the perfect gift. 

3. Baking. They say a key to a persons heart is through their stomach. And the wonderful thing about the holidays is, there are literally millions of recipes floating around, just begging to be used.  If you don’t have some secret family recipe, that’s okay. You can check out sites like Joy Of Baking and Martha Stewart  which all contain a wide selection of holiday treats. So instead of spending endless hours in the mall, you can spend it designing and personalizing your masterpiece. And hey, don’t forget to throw in the recipe to complete your gift. That way it can be a gift that keeps on giving throughout the entire year! 

I hope a few of these tips will help with your Christmas shopping. If you have any tips, feel free to share! 


No comments: