Thinking Spot




As a person simply trying to deal with the ins and outs of life and all its glorious highs and lows, I have always relied on nature to help me cope. Whether it was school, work, or simply the daily routine of life…I made it a point throughout my week to sneak away to that one special spot that I liked to call my own. I kid you not, whenever I went to visit this place…everything that I was struggling with seemed to dissolve in the air and fade away with the clouds.


Back in the Tri-Cities, that spot used to be a little corner nestled on Badger Mountain, far from any path that will lead you to the top.  Sitting near the edge of the little hill ‘lumps’ …I felt on top of the world. Nothing could touch me, for I could see everything going on below. To this day, I never took anyone to that particular spot, and I’m not sure anyone until now, actually knew that there was even a ‘spot.’ 


For the past few weeks, I had been going through withdrawals not having that place to escape to, even if just to write. Driving endlessly around town, I’ve been desperately trying to rekindle that old flame with something equally enchanting.  And yesterday, I found it. Marsh Creek.


I’m not sure if it was the beautiful fall colors, or the absolute serenity of the creek that stole my heart, but it sure did win me over.  I can now vouch that the flame has been ignited once again…so let the inspiration continue to flow Mother Nature!


So lastly, for anyone who takes a few moments out of their day to read this…I one…thank you so much for reading, it means the world to me, and two…encourage you to likewise find a spot of your own, wherever it is you are. Maybe you already have one. Maybe you don’t. But whether you do or not I can swear to you, that it is a stress reliever, an inspirational ground, as well as a natural therapist. Give it a go, it won’t let you down.. <3

3 comments:

Elissa said...

Love the little signature!!!

Kate said...

I have been collecting little spots like this because just like you, I seem to really need the solitude, peace, and calm that nature can provide. This really touched me right now because I have forgotten how much I need those places... maybe I will go find a new one here in town ;)

Alexandra Lasota said...

Thank you Elissa! I've grown quite fond of it myself!

And Kate- Glad it helped a bit :) A quiet spot, is always a great place to get away and think a bit! Hope you find one thats spectacular :)