I am Eh?
God I love Downtown BC. Like I said in an earlier post. The city is so modern, safe, clean, and friendly. Something few and far between in the states. Well, at least from the cities I've visited. I mean walking around with my camera out is not something I tend to practice when I visit Portland or Philly. Why? Because it draws attention, and I fear that I'll get mugged.
Paranoied? Maybe. But you and I both know that you can pick up vibes from wherever you travel...and the vibe I recieved from BC? Awesome.
Two of these shots were taking on Robson street, one of the more trendy/busy streets in Vancouver. Here you will find every walk of life at your feet. With an abundant array of cupcake shops, sushi joints, off the wall boutiques, and vintage vendors..I was in heaven. Design wise- it's a photographer's playground. Literally.
I mean check out that car?! You can't get much radder than that.



2 comments:
I don't have a fear of getting mugged or stuff like that but I still relate :]
British Columbia has some beautiful cities and it makes me wonder what they had guiding their design and influencing them. You got some good pics of some very-local art too, like that car eh..? haha, they have tons of forestry too, just eeeveryywhere.
For living so close to Canada, I've only been there I think twice in my life, which is crazy right. I want to keep exposing myself to new scenery, towns, people, and culture because I know there's something for me to learn from, grow from there. I'm slowly branching out from the Tricities and am glad to see you're driving around too, because it seems like you feel the same as me :]
Trust me, there is def. more to see from just the Tri-Cities alone. While the climate may be nice, as well as some local shops and here and there events..The culture falls flat. At least to me, being a twenty two year old, whom always had a craving desire to see the world around me.
I think it's always a good thing though, to explore the area around you. You know, make sure you've seen anything and everything. I mean the Pacific Northwest is a pretty happening place. Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, Hells Canyon, The Gorge, The Ocean, here and there town, the trees, the mountains...you can't really go wrong with everything just a few hours away.
Overall, I suggest to keep traveling. It really can show you a lot more than a book ever could.
As I always have said: Learning is twofold. One part classroom, the other part travel.
Post a Comment