Mmm. Can you say delicious?
This past weekend I hit up Vancouver B.C. Never having been, I asked the attendant at our hotel what were some must see's around the city. Providing me with a list a mile long, directions, and bus information she told me that if all else, I shouldn't leave without checking out Stanley Park, Botanical Gardens, and The Granville Island Public Market.
And man, she sure knew what she was talking about.
These pictures, taken from the Public Market, display very little of the wide variety of fruits, veggies, crafts, and sweets the local vendors display. Never in my life, have I seen a place that provides you with so many options. Honestly, I was walking around for over two hours trying to decide what to purchase, as well as what to have for lunch.
Too many options = Too confusing.
However, after a few hours of searching and debating, I stumbled upon a Polish Vendor. Can you say Pirogues'? While none can beat our family recipe, it was sure nice to see my heritage represetin in Vancouver ;] So naturally, that is what I went with.
While the crowds may get at you, the quality and scenery will blow your mind. Located on the marina, civilians plant themselves on the chairs and steps surrounding the market to take in the view as well as listen to some classical jazz music by local artists.
If you are ever in the Vancouver area, check out The Grandville Island Public Market. It's open seven days a week from 9am to 7pm. Trust me, it's worth your time.
Now Playing: Enrique Iglesias feat. Usher "Dirty Dancer"



No comments:
Post a Comment