What happens when you mix great friends, awesome food, a few drinks, and a dash of crimson and grey? A heck of a great tailgate! That’s what!
Yesterday, my friend Megan and I woke up early with cougar pride on our minds. Having, missed last seasons football games we were more than ready to get our game on.
So with sunglasses, coffee, and cougar swag in check we headed off to Pullman. With a few mishaps along the way (fire trucks, car accidents, and almost falling off a loading dock) we made it in one piece… just in time to meet up with some fellow cougs! And man were they ready to represent or what!
Hitting up Bailey-Brayton field for the annual tailgate with our VIP passes; we ate, drank, met some new friends, and all around celebrated the first home game of the season. A few things around the perimeter totally caught my eye, and had cougar pride written all over them, literally. So like any camera nut, I whipped out my Canon to capture some of these moments.
Thanks Evan Moriwaki again, for letting me snap a photo of you!
With thirty minutes left till kickoff, we started to pack up our stuff and head to the crowded stadium, all the while crossing our fingers we’d find a spot that was somewhat relatively close to the field.
Now, I’ve never been superstitious, or anything along those lines, but I am beginning to think the magic of crossing your fingers, has some sort of mystical power…because it sure did pay off. Thanks to the one and only James Sauceda, we were able to kick off college football in style. On the field!
As we were being led through the tunnel to Martin Stadium by security, I was snapping photos like crazy. I’m sure all the band members and football players thought I was some sort of paparazzi with the way I was going at it.
When we finally reached the field, the moment felt totally surreal. Students, teachers, and alumni flooded the stands with high hopes and smiles. As I looked out around me, I could really feel all the energy and excitement coming from the crowd. It was almost as if seeing it collectively, really amplified the craze, pumping me up for what was to come!
Luckily- as the football players lined up to dash out on the field, I managed to keep a spot at the front, allowing me to once again snap a billion shots. Call it the crazy cougar fan in me.
After the momentary tribute to those who lost there lives in 9/11. Kickoff was underway…!
For a solid two hours, Washington and Montana went at it. Fans sat on the edge of their seats, as they watched their team travel from yard line to yard line.
And by the end? Victory for the Cougs! Making all of us utterly happy we were sportin’ crimson and grey gear!
So thanks Pullman for the awesome kickoff to a great football season!
Now Playing: Taylor Swifts "Still An Innocent"
So with sunglasses, coffee, and cougar swag in check we headed off to Pullman. With a few mishaps along the way (fire trucks, car accidents, and almost falling off a loading dock) we made it in one piece… just in time to meet up with some fellow cougs! And man were they ready to represent or what!
Hitting up Bailey-Brayton field for the annual tailgate with our VIP passes; we ate, drank, met some new friends, and all around celebrated the first home game of the season. A few things around the perimeter totally caught my eye, and had cougar pride written all over them, literally. So like any camera nut, I whipped out my Canon to capture some of these moments.
Thanks Evan Moriwaki again, for letting me snap a photo of you!
With thirty minutes left till kickoff, we started to pack up our stuff and head to the crowded stadium, all the while crossing our fingers we’d find a spot that was somewhat relatively close to the field.
Now, I’ve never been superstitious, or anything along those lines, but I am beginning to think the magic of crossing your fingers, has some sort of mystical power…because it sure did pay off. Thanks to the one and only James Sauceda, we were able to kick off college football in style. On the field!
As we were being led through the tunnel to Martin Stadium by security, I was snapping photos like crazy. I’m sure all the band members and football players thought I was some sort of paparazzi with the way I was going at it.
When we finally reached the field, the moment felt totally surreal. Students, teachers, and alumni flooded the stands with high hopes and smiles. As I looked out around me, I could really feel all the energy and excitement coming from the crowd. It was almost as if seeing it collectively, really amplified the craze, pumping me up for what was to come!
Luckily- as the football players lined up to dash out on the field, I managed to keep a spot at the front, allowing me to once again snap a billion shots. Call it the crazy cougar fan in me.
After the momentary tribute to those who lost there lives in 9/11. Kickoff was underway…!
For a solid two hours, Washington and Montana went at it. Fans sat on the edge of their seats, as they watched their team travel from yard line to yard line.
And by the end? Victory for the Cougs! Making all of us utterly happy we were sportin’ crimson and grey gear!
So thanks Pullman for the awesome kickoff to a great football season!
Now Playing: Taylor Swifts "Still An Innocent"






2 comments:
Thank you Alex! I love it! I hope to see you at more games!
No, Thank you Evan for the awesome picture! Def hope to see you again! Till then, keep rocking the Coug Pride! :)
Post a Comment