Horses, Cowboys, and Bull Fighting anyone?
This year Pendleton celebrated 100 years of there annual "Pendleton Round-Up." Never having been to a rodeo in my life, I was more than excited to check it out. And Yehaw-What a treat it was!
A few weeks back at the Kennewick Art Show, I ran into my friend Bonnie. We had been talking about meandering around the Tri-Cities for a day of photos and fun. But where specifically? We didn't know.
I guess being the un-original person I am I thought that we'd stay local and shoot an awesome sunset. Little to my knowledge Bonnie was thinking bigger and better things.
Rodeo anyone?
To be quite honest I could kick myself for waiting this long to attend a rodeo. Maybe it was the environment, or the people, or simply the excitement on every one's face...but The Pendleton Round-Up was truly one of the highlights of my year. From bull riding, to indian horse races, to steer roping, professionals from over thirty six states came to put their best foot forward. Never in my life have I seen horses run so fast.
The Round Up alone attracts 50,000 people from across the globe. Every business and school shuts down on this second week of September, to help put on one of the most fantastic Rodeos of all time. And with over 2,000 volunteers, they sure get'er done.
I could honestly rant for hours about how amazing Rodeos are, but you honestly have to check it out for yourself to understand the experience. All I can say is next time I go- I need to get the hook up with a media pass...!
But for now, Let'er Buck!
Now Playing: Nelly's 'Just A Dream'




No comments:
Post a Comment