Ever since I was a child, country music has always dominated over half of my heart. So much so that the majority of my music collection is complied of country classics. There is something about these musicians that not only inspires me...but makes me feel good to be alive. I guess that is why there music attracts millions, if not billions.
Back in May I finally got the chance to visit the home of country music, that's right Nashville, Tennessee. And let me tell you, it was the best week of my life. If you have never been to Nashville, country music fan or not, I advise you go; for I have never met people so welcoming and an environment so friendly.
On the day before we left, I was surprised with tickets to the Grand Ole Opry. That night singers such as Blake Shelton, Jewel, Danny Goeky, and Bill Anderson, took to the stage and put on the show of a lifetime. Sitting in the pews, I could only imagine what it would be like to live in such a wonderful area, where you are always graced with such an array of talent. Little did I know that this wonderful great place I was sitting in, would be flooded within forty eight hours of my visit.
Departing the day of the treacherous rain pour, I headed up north for a cousins wedding. As soon as we settled into our housing, I heard news of the flooding in Nashville, and the devastation of the Opry and the surrounding areas. To be honest, I was so happy we made it out in the nick of time, but so sadden that this wonderful place had to undergo such a blow. Yet even with such horrid news, I knew that nothing, not even a flood, would stop country music from continuing on.
And as I had predicted, the Grand Ole Opry sure didn't; for while shows have continued on at the Ryman (the original opry house since 1974)...it is tonight the beloved classic Opry show, returns back home, just five months from the day of the flood.
So tonight, like many other diehard country fans I myself, will tune in live at 8 at http://www.opry.com/ for the live streaming event! I only wish I could be back to be apart of such a wonderful moment in history.
Now Playing: John Denver's "Back Home Again"
Back in May I finally got the chance to visit the home of country music, that's right Nashville, Tennessee. And let me tell you, it was the best week of my life. If you have never been to Nashville, country music fan or not, I advise you go; for I have never met people so welcoming and an environment so friendly.
On the day before we left, I was surprised with tickets to the Grand Ole Opry. That night singers such as Blake Shelton, Jewel, Danny Goeky, and Bill Anderson, took to the stage and put on the show of a lifetime. Sitting in the pews, I could only imagine what it would be like to live in such a wonderful area, where you are always graced with such an array of talent. Little did I know that this wonderful great place I was sitting in, would be flooded within forty eight hours of my visit.
Departing the day of the treacherous rain pour, I headed up north for a cousins wedding. As soon as we settled into our housing, I heard news of the flooding in Nashville, and the devastation of the Opry and the surrounding areas. To be honest, I was so happy we made it out in the nick of time, but so sadden that this wonderful place had to undergo such a blow. Yet even with such horrid news, I knew that nothing, not even a flood, would stop country music from continuing on.
And as I had predicted, the Grand Ole Opry sure didn't; for while shows have continued on at the Ryman (the original opry house since 1974)...it is tonight the beloved classic Opry show, returns back home, just five months from the day of the flood.
So tonight, like many other diehard country fans I myself, will tune in live at 8 at http://www.opry.com/ for the live streaming event! I only wish I could be back to be apart of such a wonderful moment in history.
Now Playing: John Denver's "Back Home Again"




No comments:
Post a Comment