Crazy about Cupcakes.


Meandering my way down Broadway in Downtown Vancouver, a bright pink sign happened to catch my eye. Lucky for me that sign had magical words on it. The kind of words that can turn a girl gitty...Cupcakes.

Cupcakes. Cupcakes. Cupcakes. What is it about Cupcakes?

Maybe its the texture. Maybe it's the size. Maybe it's the creativity put behind it. I can't really tell you. But there is sure something about cupcakes that make people happy.

I for one, am definitely part of the Cupcake Craze. So much so, that I make it a point to investigate the bakery scene in every city I visit. Yeah, yeah...call it my 'side side hobby.'

Up until this past weekend...Nati-Cakes in Franklin, Tennessee ranked a high number one in my book

And I mean a high number one

So much so, that no bakery has ever even came close to ranking second. That was up until Cupcakes by Heather and Lori stumbled along.

I kid you not, no cupcake shop or bakery holds a candle to this wonderful elaborate creation. With names such as Blue Hawaii, Sweet 16, and Obsession...you are sure to spend over an hour debating which one, or dozen cupcakes will make your final cut.

The atmosphere itself is very warm and inviting, but also very and I mean very girly. With pink walls and pastel signs, it is almost like you have stepped into a real life version of Candyland...or shall I say Cupcakeland.

Once again, if you are ever in the Vancouver area..YOU MUST check out Cupcakes by Heather and Lori. While the pricing range from $1.25-3.25 per cupcake, you are seriously in for a treat. So much so, you'll be wishing you bought a whole lot more after you leave the building.

Trust me, I know I was.

No comments: