Left a small town, never looked back.


Time is tricky little thing.

Like you're watching a movie on slowmo, and you desperately want to find the remote and slam down that fast forward button, but the remote is no where to be found.

Or, you're watching that movie..and a scene happens so fast..you missed it...and want to find that remote to rewind.

Time. Is always what is is. Always moving. Progressing. Always changing.
And it's a good thing too, because, let's face it..you don't always want to be in the same spot and never grow..never know who you were supposed to blossom into. Growth, while never easy...let's you look back cherish your memories...but learn from them as well..

With my time dwindling down on the West side. I've been evaluating my time here.

Made friends along the way. Lost a few.
Had a few sparks. And some broken hearts.
People always will change, and you have to let them grow.
As well as let them go.

I guess I've learned quite a few lessons on the way.
Some will always seek vengeance....
But not everyone does.
Not everyone in this world is going to like you
But in the end, do you really want everyone to?
As long as you are happy and confident in yourself..you're set.

The teenage years are tough as well as dirty.
But you can't run from them.
You can only just be strong enough to overcome them.
Learn, live, and make mistakes. That's what life is about.

Your heart will get broken every time you take a chance..
But rather a broken heart, then one locked in a cage.
Better to say what you feel..
Then live a life always wondering "What If?"

There is no such thing as perfection.

Trust me I've looked, it's not out there.
Don't live in a fairytale. But do strive for the best.

It's okay to be afraid, to laugh, to cry, even if it's in front of people.
If you want to change the world, that's great..go for it..
But you can also make a difference by just the small things you do.
A smile, can go a long way.

If you think you can change peoples beliefs by forceYou are wrong...95 percent of the time, anyway.
Actions always will speak louder than words.
Live it, and trust me you'll turn more heads.

Education
is more important than you think.
Sure you may push, avoid, or throw it away.
But with knowledge comes thought.
And with thought comes enlightenment.

If you want it bad enough that it hurts..
You'll go after it..
Trust me, you will.

You can't be too trusting of everyone.
Be cautious, but never too cautious.
Or you'll wind up being alone.

Embrace. Trust. Forgive. Forget. Move on. Take Chances. Love. Hurt. Scream. Cry. Remember. Smile. Hope. Dream. And above all, be yourself.


So Thank you Tri-Cities. Thank you for teaching me these small, but rather ...great life lessons. You've all taught me so much, and helped form me into the person I want to be.

As for me, this girl has no regrets. If I had a chance to do things over again.
I wouldn't change a thing.

Now Playing: Taylor Swift's Mine (New Video)

1 comment:

Daniel Bates said...

Some great thoughts about time and the reasons why we go through what we do Alex :]
For sure, life is a growing process and we need to know who we want to be.. in order to know when to be satisfied!! lol
Pain leads to change and I'm sad to say that it took pain for me to change too. I tend not to think about destination too much though cause it seems it's a limiting view. Glad you're living life without regret and I hope you keep talking about your experiences, because you have a lot to give the world.