Picture yourself in a room. A white room. No windows. No paintings. No Doors. Just a plain white room.
You are sitting on a bench, alone. You begin to get antsy, itchy. You begin to look for an escape. Because let's face it..why the hell would you want to sit in a white room?
Time is ticking away, and dear god the sweat is rippling down your sides, like a damn waterfall. You begin to hear whispers, words..but it doesn't matter because your mind is focused on only one thing...how to get out. ..when FLASH
You're in a room surrounded by hundreds of people. Were they there before? Did they just appear? Are you going mad?
Sometimes. Just sometimes. I feel like this. You're in a room. a building. a house. a town. a city. a country. a world. and yet, you feel all alone. the words drown out. the people become ghosts, and you are by yourself trying to figure a way out.
For example. The other day I was at a local coffee shop, just reading a book...when I came across a couple talking and sipping on some joe. While on the surface the conversation looked quite interesting, it apparently was not. After five minutes, both individuals yanked out their phones and started texting/emailing/facebooking away..and barely said a word to eachother for the remainder of the time I was present.
I don't know about you, but that just makes me sad. What happened to sitting around a campfire and talking about politics/religion/history...what have you. What happened to good old conversation? When did our world do a complete one eighty? Why now do we turn to a piece of plastic for company? I don't know...I guess the logic of this whole ordeal doesn't make sense. I mean if you'd rather talk to people on your phone while in the presence of another person...then why even bother meeting with them in the first place?
I guess maybe this is simply the way our world is advancing to...if you can even call it advancing.
Now Playing: Regina Spektor: The Call
No comments:
Post a Comment