New beginnings

Looking back on my last blog, I feel as though I was venting..and figured it was best if I take it off. By writing this so called diary..I do not wish to vent and take my aggressions out on people, but rather make sense of my own trials and tribulations. Maybe writing is a sort of therapy, that allows you to understand yourself and your thought process. Which is why I love writing. Not only blogs..but stories, music..what have you. Words can be so powerful.

Starting tomorrow, June 1st..I'm starting my 'new health lifestyle.' I refuse to call this 'change' a diet, because I feel as though whenever I use that word, I jinx myself...and within 10 days I'm starting over again.
After throwing myself into numerous books, and living vicariously through other peoples' journeys...I have decided to set forth on my own self discovery. And this 'new health lifestyle,' I believe, will jumpstart this journey.

First things first-is a schedule. In order for me to ever prosper, I must have balance, consistency if you will. My life for the past year has been anything but consistent. And it's this particular area that needs a complete and utter makeover. I feel as though I have placed so many things above others, and let the building blocks scatter at the waist side. This is something I need to address as I begin to put everything back in it's place on the shelf.

Second, organization. To be honest...my living quarters are clean 99.9 percent of the time. I try to have a place for everything, so I never become scatter brained and freak out, like I tend to do when I can't find something. But to be honest, I have files upon files, pictures upon pictures, all the way from high school that need no place in my hard drive or in my desk. Overall it's just clutter that really needs to be let go.

Third, eliminate stress. I heard from a friend recently, that stress can not only affect you emotionally, but also physically. I think I have had so much weight on my shoulders, that it's finally time to lift all of that off of me, and focus on this 'cleansing' if you will. If something is not right and causing you harm, toss it-you only have one life...and you don't need to put your mind and your body at stake for something completely unnecessary.

So I guess that's it. Balance. Organization. Eliminate stress. That's my ticket to the 'new' beginning. Hopefully it's a pass that can take me anywhere in life, and hopefully I'll never lose it.

Listening to Goo Goo Doll's Iris

No comments: