We are all that we are...So terribly sorry.

Revenge. Some live by it. Some embrace it. Some spend their whole lives trying to obtain it...but is it really worth all the glam, all the hype? As I have witnessed throughout my mere twenty one years of existence, this emotion...is surely a waist of breath...a waist of air; for it is short lived, and detrimental.

Throughout my life. I have been through pain. I have been through hurt. I have been put through things that I would never hope for anyone to live through. But, that part of my life is the past...something I do not intend to dwell on, something I do not intend to live by. Sure, have these events affected me? Why of course. All events woven together will piece you into your current existence. Do I have trust issues? Sure. Does it govern my life? Absolutely not. As it shouldn't.

As I'm continually getting older and continually being thrown into situation after situation...struggling to do the right thing...struggling to figure out when is the time to take a stand, and when is the time to back down, I have learned a valuable lesson. Everybody has a past, not just myself. I am not the only one in this world whom has been hurt, whom has went through a struggle in life...so why ever intentionally torment an individual for the sake of a brief, personal satisfaction? What good does that do them? To you?

I guess I've just never really understood the concept. People whom live to seek hurt on other people...People whom intentionally want to make another pay for a mistake, or an error they may have caused. Whether their mistake is intentional or not...who cares really? Let it go, be the bigger person.
Imagine, if one person stopped this cycle...they may influence someone else, and that person can influence another...leaving the cycle to continually spin into a ripple effect...all in all leaving the world with less pain and less destruction.

I guess as life is growing faster, my advice is simple. If there is turmoil in your life, if there is something that is eating away at you...let it go. Hate/Revenge is such a wasted emotion. Time is not endless like some seem to fantasize. Live it in a brighter way...for your sake, for the worlds sake.

"We all are love. And love is hard. We're hard to love. We all are love. And love is hard. It breaks my heart. We all are love. And love is hard..so here's my heart."

No comments: