A taste to remember

This past weekend has been a whirlwind of excitement. From Christmas parades to a reading of the Christmas Carol, December is turning out to be the best month of 2010.

But before I even begin to open my bag of Christmas cheer, I would like to address this cup of soup. I know, seriously, soup? But hold on, and just let me explain.

This past weekend my mom and I traveled up to Hershey park for a reading of The Christmas Carol (see next blog). With a few hours to kill and no plans on our agendas, we decided to explore the hotel and grab a bite to eat. After walking around the grounds in the bitter cold, we came across this lovely little back house that turned out to be the one and only Harvest restaurant.  Upon entering the building I was blown away by the interior design (think victorian with a modern twist). Completely dumbfounded by the pleasing aesthetic structure, I was more than set on staying, so I gave the lady my coat and followed her to our table.

After scanning the menu a few times, I settled on the She Crab Soup (as seen above) and a side salad.  Now maybe I haven't explored the soup and salad terrains enough, that or Harvest is just plain brilliant, but I have never in my life tasted food that burst with so much flavor. Sweet, light, and to the point, I have now found my absolute favorite place for lunch.  With reasonable prices, an exquisite environment, a beautiful presentation, and flavorful food, I completely recommend hitting up Harvest at Hotel Hershey if you are ever in Pennsylvania.

With She Crab Soup on my mind the entire ride home, I decided to test out a recipe or two and found that CopyKat Restaurant Recipes came quite close to what I had at Harvest.  I encourage you to click on the link so you yourself can try it out.

Now Playing: Flo Rida "Who Dat Girl"

No comments: