September Poems.

It's funny how the weirdest things can give you inspiration, or the weirdest people. If it wasn't for a particular person out there, I think I would give up on writing. But, it's a therapy. And a beautiful one at that. So much so that I think I've taken the heed of this emotion and tried to bottlecap as many words as I can from it.

This is in the works-

Thoughts parade around my head.
Protesting a war on a heart that's been defeated
And I can't seem to fight it anymore.
No, I can't seem to fight it anymore.

So take my shield, I don't need it.
Take my heart, it's been depleted.
You've marked your name on this shattered ground
Caressed the triger of a rusted pistol
And shot the spark of love right down.

So take my shield, I don't need it.
Take my heart, it's been depleted.
You've marked your name on this shattered ground
Caressed the triger of a rusted pistol
And shot the spark of love right down.

So as you walk away with your distingushed medal
And hear the echo, of that monotonous cry
I'll dig a hole between the ruins
And lift the white flag to the sky.

Because, I can't seem to fight it anymore.
No, I can't seem to fight it anymore.

Now Playing: Daughtry's "September"

1 comment:

♫Shawna Sunhome♫ said...

Wow, this is incredible writing. You are a talented lady!