Hikers Only.

Can you tell I like this sign much? For some reason, I seem to have an odd obsession with it; alongside flowers and food..signs are one of my favorite pictures to take; especially rusty old one's such as this. If you have ever hiked up Badger Mountain, you have probably seen the sign before. I try to hike this mountain at least two to three times a week, to spice up my workout routine; and to be honest..this bright yellow hasn't caught my eye till a few weeks ago.

Obviously much? Probably. I'm sure this sign has been repainted for at least over a month now, and I am stumped to how I could have overlooked such a color as this. When it finally did catch my attention, I was determined to snap a shot of it before leaving the Tri-Cities.

About a week ago, Meg and I decided to venture up to the top so I could get this goal accomplished, as well as avoid the gym routine for another day. Yet, mother nature seemed to have another plan...

Can you say- hike in the rain?

About half way up to the top a rain cloud decided to plant a spot above us and stay awhile. Completely drenched we decided to turn around (only for the sake of my Canon in which was luckily stored in a waterproof backpack). If I wouldn't have had my camera on me, you can bet I would have kept going, because hiking in the rain is so much fun. Yet after being an ignorant idiot on a trip to Philly, two Summers ago, and ruining a camera due to rain..I didn't want to take any chances. Cameras and rain, don't mix.

Soaked with water and mud, we got in the car and took off..only for that rain cloud to depart at exactly the same time. We could have tried again, and well, we should have tried again..but we gave up and decided to venture it yet again this weekend.

Luckily, this time..no rain cloud stood in our way. Just good, old fashion Tri-Cities Sun. I have to admit, I think hiking is by far one of my favorite things to do, which is why I am so thankful we have Badger in this community. I'm desperatly hoping I can manage to find a mountain or hill such as this in the Northeast!

Now Playing: Kyle Andrew's "Sushi"

No comments: